Israel’s massacres in Gaza based on flimsy pretext

It has long been suspected that Israel acted on flimsy pretexts when they ransacked Gaza following the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers in June 2014:

According to MondoWeiss on 26 July, 2014, on 25 July 2014, “Jon Donnison of the BBC pulled the rug out from under the Israeli government’s pretext for the Gaza onslaught with a series of tweets about a conversation he’d had with Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld about the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teens in the West Bank in June.
“The boys were not killed by Hamas, Rosenfeld told Donnison, as he reported on Twitter:
‘Israeli police MickeyRosenfeld tells me men who killed 3 Israeli teens def lone cell, hamas affiliated but not operating under leadership –
‘Seems to contradict the line from Netanyahu government. –
‘ […] Rosenfeld also said if kidnapping had been ordered by Hamas leadership, they’d have known about it in advance. –
‘[…] Rosenfeld said lone cells much harder to track. Said they would find whoever was now protecting the two suspects. –
‘When this is over, there remain a lot of unanswered questions about kidnapping and killing of three Israeli teenagers.’”
(Donnison tweets of 25/26 July 2014, as reported by Adam Horowitz and Phil Weiss on July 26, 2014 at mondoweiss .net)

Horowitz and Weiss continue:
“This version of events is so important, because what the Weapons of Mass Destruction were to the Iraq war — a dubious pretext — the three teens are to the Gaza onslaught.”
Please see the Mondoweiss page for a review of events.

They conclude:
“As Donnison said, we can only hope that the three-teens pretext is broadly examined, not just in Israeli and Palestinian public life, but in the American media. It is hardly the first time that a false story about endangered security has been used to justify Israeli violence, from the Lavon affair in Egypt in the [19]50s to Moshe Dayan’s confession about provoking Syrian attacks that were used to precipitate the Six Day war. The only good news is that many in the west are now seeing through the tactic and beginning to question the veracity of Israeli government sources.”

 

Elsewhere:
“According to the UN, more than 118,000 people are now sheltering in UN schools and people are running out of food. More than 800 Palestinians and 35 Israelis have died since the Israel-Hamas conflict began on 8 July.” (Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/middle-east/gaza/59461/gaza-un-security-council-calls-for-immediate-ceasefire#ixzz38tw0HkM9)

Advertisements

About Oban Concern for Palestine

. . . supporting people in Palestine and Israel who oppose the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. Oban Concern for Palestine are a group of Argyll residents who share an interest in Palestine, a friendship with its people and a deep concern for their welfare. And, for the sake of Israel, we want to encourage the government of Israel to comply with international law. Oban Concern for Palestine believe that the oppression of the Palestinian people is a grave wrong, that the government of Israel is in violation of international law, and that we have a duty to speak up and do what we can to bring it to an end. We welcome new members and supporters. For more information, please contact obanconcern4palestine AT gmail DOT com • +44 7747 300 062 • Oban Concern for Palestine, c/o Stronchriach, Rowan Road, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5TY, UK
This entry was posted in News, News and Events and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s