Please join us!
Oban Concern for Palestine are holding a
Vigil in Protest against Israel’s collective punishment of Palestinians
with petitions to the UK and Scottish governments.
Saturday, 19 July 2014, 11:30-12:30
Oban Station Square, Clock Tower
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Justice and Peace!
PS: See below MAP call for donations
|Gaza Emergency Appeal
Israel is attacking Gaza from air, land and sea.
In 36 hours alone they dropped 400 tonnes of explosives on an area the size of the Isle of Wight. This area is home to 1.7m Palestinians. Half of them are children.
‘My little sister was crying when they bombed our neighbour’s house. I have seen the ambulance that carried the injured. There were children. My little sister is very scared. She asked my mother if we will die.’ Rania, 11, Gaza
- Hospitals, medical centres and ambulances have been hit. Medical staff have been injured.
- The casualties are rising and many are children. Already more than 120 Palestinians have been killed and hospitals are in danger of being overwhelmed by hundreds of wounded
- Gaza hospitals are in crisis and asking for help. Nearly a third of essential medical supplies are at zero stock and fuel reserves are running out
- The Israeli Government has stated that it is prepared to intensify its attacks. Without an immediate and complete ceasefire many more Palestinians lives will be lost or damaged forever.
We urgently need your donation today to get desperately needed medical supplies to the people of Gaza. Please give whatever you can afford NOW.
- £50 to help pay for hygiene kits, containing soap, bandages and antiseptic cream.
- £100 to help buy emergency medical supplies, such as antibiotics, anaesthetics, surgical gauze and gloves.
- £250 to help pay for specialist treatment for a child with serious burns injuries.
HOW TO DONATE:
Online – click here
PHONE: 020 7226 4114
MOBILE: Text ‘GAZA10 £10’ to 70070 to donate £10 now*
(*This will donate £10 and will be added to your phone bill)
The MAP promise: We promise to use your donation to support the medical and health needs of the Palestinian people, wherever the need is greatest.
This entry was posted in Calls for Action
, News and Events
, Past Events
and tagged Argyll
, collective punishment
, Oban Concern for Palestine
, protest vigil
. Bookmark the permalink