PALESTINIAN LIVES, BRITISH PROFITS
The speaking tour will be at these locations:
- Monday, 24 Feb, 6pm — University of Kent. Rutherford Lecture Theatre 1, University Road
- Wednesday, 26 Feb, 7pm — University College London. Darwin Building, Room B40
- Thursday, 27 Feb, 7pm — Durham University. Chemistry Department CG85
- Friday, 28 Feb, 7pm — University of Edinburgh. Old college, lecture theatre 183
- Saturday, 1 March, 2pm — University of Dundee. D’Arcy Thompson lecture theatre, Tower Building
This tour comes at a crucial moment: 5,033 Palestinians are detained by Israel, including 173 children, and 145 administrative detainees held without charge or trial. The British corporation G4S continues to provide security systems, equipment and ongoing services to Israeli prisons and interrogation centres at which human rights organisations have documented systematic torture and ill treatment of Palestinian prisoners, including child prisoners.
We are working with partners on the ground in Palestine to end G4S complicity in Israel’s prison system. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from an inspiring Palestinian grassroots organisation and to get involved with War on Want’s Stop G4S campaign.
*** All speaking tour events are open to the public + free admission ***
Senior Campaigner for Global Justice
P.S. This speaking tour is part of the tenth annual Israeli Apartheid Week and organised with Palestine Societies and Action Palestine student groups on university campuses across the UK.