This message just in from Ruth Tanner, War on Want Campaigns and Policy Director:
• Saturday, 2 March 2013 (10 till 5pm, workshops and discussion)
• Sunday, 3 March 2013 (10am talk and Radical History tour, followed by films, ending mid-afternoon)
Where: Augustine’s Church, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1ELJ
The world is in crisis: the richest 1% have made a killing while the rest of us have been left to pick up the pieces. Join with people — young, old, hardened organiser or new kid on the block — from across Scotland to discuss the country’s role in the global movement for a just, sustainable future.
Inspiration and culture in times of crisis.
An exciting FREE EVENT to celebrate International Women’s Day with speakers from Colombia and Palestine, live music, performance poetry, and a bar…
Join us for a rousing experience on International Women’s Day to hear our guests’ stories of resistance and hope, celebrate the role of women in the global struggle, and listen to some great live music and performance poetry.
- Alfamir Castillo: President of the Women Sugar Cane CuttersCommittee,Colombia
- Rafeef Ziadah: Palestinian performance poet and War on Want Senior Campaigns Officer
- Clare Williams: UNISON Regional Convenor and Chair, NTUC Women’s Group
Rafeef will also perform some of her fantastic poems
Here’s hoping you can join in one or the other of these events. For more information, please follow the links in the headers.
P.S. If you would like to travel to London on 16 March 2013, do join the War on Want event, Austerity is working … for the 1%.